TITANIC STEAMLINER INFO:
- This Titanic Steamship is made of tin-plated steel.
- The tin Titanic is 15" long x 2.75" wide x 3.5" tall
- Each Titanic Steamship includes wick, wick holder & fuel tray (fuel not included) and dropper..
- Olive oil is the recommended fuel.
- The Titanic steamships forward propulsion is brought about by steam pulsing out of tubes at the rear end of the ship.
- The steam is generated when water is drawn into the tubes and hits the hot water boiler inside the ship.
This starts a cycle that will continue as long as fuel and heat are maintained.
A collectors reproductionDemonstrate the physics of steam with this steamship.
The toy steam boat was invented in 1891 by an English gentleman. Early in the 1900's toy companies in
the U.S. and worldwide began making steam-powered tin boats based on his design. This Titanic
Steamship is a new design.
Universities across America are using these in their physics labs to demonstrate mechanics of steam power. A
favorite toy of kids in the 1920s and '30s, the PuttPutt Steamboat is actual driven by steam power, using a small
flame. It will chug along for hours on only a few drops of olive oil!
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 14 March, 2008.